Download Thinkbox Frost MX 2.1.0 x64
Thinkbox Frost MX 2.1.0 | 24.1 mb
Thinkbox Software announced the new release of their 3DS Max plugin. Frost is a compound geometry object that can be used to generate a single mesh from particles, vertex clouds, object positions, point data files or a combination of these using various iso-surface or geometry cloning techniques.
What’s New in Frost 2.1:
– New license version. Please contact our sales department for a new Frost 2.1 license file.
– Added support for 3ds Max 2018.
– Removed support for 3ds Max 2012.
– Updated End User License Agreement.
– Fix incorrect Bitmap map Blur when using V-Ray Instancing.
– Fix Frost erroneously updating when using a Editable Mesh → Krakatoa PRT Surface particle source with “Update When Particles Change” and “Update When Frost Changes” disabled.
About Thinkbox Frost. Frost is a particle mesher plug-in for Autodesk 3ds Max which can generate a single mesh from particles, vertex clouds, object positions and point data files using various iso-surface or geometry cloning techniques. Frost takes full advantage of modern multi-core hardware and can produce multi-million polygon meshes from millions of points in a matter of seconds without excessive processing memory usage. Frost integrates tightly with Krakatoa, Thinkbox Softwares production-proven volumetric particle rendering and management toolkit. The combination of the two products introduces a new, highly effective particle post-processing pipeline. This new workflow increases the artist’s productivity by decoupling the particle simulation from the meshing process, leading to faster iterations of both in the following ways:
– Frost and Krakatoa remove the need to handle geometry processing during the particle simulation, while speeding up the tweaking of the final mesh thanks to the history-independent nature of the Krakatoa particle data streams.
– The Krakatoa MagmaFlow editor exposes advanced controls over Frost meshing parameters like particle size, geometry instancing, animation timing, material assignment and more.
– Frost provides a new approach to increasing the particle counts of existing simulations from thousands to millions while preserving vital data like velocities and mapping coordinates, once again speeding up the simulation process while supplying Krakatoa with the high-density clouds it handles so well.
– Frost extends the Krakatoa pipeline into the realm of traditional geometry rendering using all renderers available for 3ds Max.
About Thinkbox Software Inc. Thinkbox Software provides creative solutions for visual artists in entertainment, engineering and design. Developer of high-volume particle renderer Krakatoa and render farm management software Deadline, the team of Thinkbox Software solves difficult production problems with intuitive, well-designed solutions and remarkable support. We create tools that help artists manage their jobs and empower them to create worlds and imagine new realities. Thinkbox was founded in 2010 by Chris Bond, founder of Frantic Films.
Product: Thinkbox Frost
Version: MX 2.1.0
Supported Architectures: x64
Website Home Page :
System Requirements: PC
Supported Operating Systems: The same OS for the version of software that you are using
Software Prerequisites: Autodesk 3ds Max 2017–2018
Size: 24.1 mb
Download Links Here